1. The catharsis theory of aggression holds that:
a. aggressive impulses, if kept bottled up, will eventually fade away.
b. one act of aggression usually leads to further aggression.
c. one act of aggression reduces the likelihood of further acts of aggression.
d. frustration leads to aggression.
Why did select this answer?
2. Bushman and Bonacci had an experiment in which people watched violent or sexually explicit or neutral TV shows with advertisements. Under which conditions did men and women recall the advertised products? How did the experimenters explain the reasons for this outcome?
3. Based upon Article #26 in Readings About the Social Animal, explain Malamuth’s findings on the predictors of naturalistic sexual aggression.
4. Some people believe that exposure to, or participation in, aggressive behavior is beneficial because it allows people to release their pent-up aggression. Where do you stand on this issue? Do you agree or disagree with this premise? Be sure to back up your answer with examples of relevant research.
5. Most everyone would agree that reducing human aggression is a worthwhile goal-one that may be crucial to our survival as a species. Summarize two of the several methods for achieving this goal. Support your choices with relevant research.
300-400 words per question. APA format.
The post Short Essay appeared first on Nursing Essays Center.