- Review the National Committee for Quality Assurance report, presented in the Learning Resources, and examine current trends and measures associated with at least two chronic diseases. This information will form the basis for this Discussion.
- Review examples of measures that address the management of chronic diseases for an inpatient setting that might not be relevant in an outpatient setting. Be sure to explore the companion metrics that influence a patient’s ability to manage chronic disease.
- Consider how these metrics facilitate change and improve the management of chronic disease.
- Examine the efficiency of current automated trigger systems for managing patient safety. Ask yourself: How do these automated trigger systems help improve quality of health care, patient education, and management of chronic illnesses?
By tomorrow 12/27/2017, write a minimum of 550 words essay in APA format with 2 references from the list below. Include the level one headers as numbered below: post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
1) Compare one quality metric for managing chronic disease that applies to your practice setting to a metric that applies in a different practice setting (i.e. hospital nurse compared to home health nurse).
2) Evaluate how these quality metrics facilitate change and improve the management of chronic disease.
3) Take a stance on the efficiency of current automated trigger systems to help manage patient safety. Do you believe these to be proactive or reactive responses when educating patients on disease management?