The Interrelationship Between Theory, Knowledge, and Research and Evidence-Based Practice
Fawcett and Garity (2009) present an overview of the relationship between theory, knowledge, research, nursing research, and evidence-based practice (see attached file). As you prepare for this Discussion, reflect on your own specialty area and consider how the authors’ definitions of evidence-based practice and of research align with your understanding of these concepts based on your professional experiences and your experiences as a doctoral student embarking on your EBP Project.
- Reflect on Fawcett and Garity’s definitions of knowledge, theory, research and evidence-based practice presented in the Learning Resources. How do these definitions align with your understanding of the concepts?
- How does this interrelationship support or guide your EBP Project?
By Wednesday 9/19/18 by 1:00 am please write a minimum of 550 words essay in APA format with at least 3 scholarly references from the list of required resources below. Include the level 1 headings as numbered below:
Post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
1) How do Fawcett and Garity’s (see attached file)definitions align with your understanding of knowledge, theory, research and evidence-based practice? Support your response with evidence from the literature (quote the literature below in the required readings).
2) Discuss the interrelationship between theory, knowledge, research and evidence-based practice.
3) How does this interrelationship support or guide your EBP Project?