For this Case Study Assignment, you will analyze an i-Human simulation case study about an adult patient with a cardiovascular condition. Based on the patient’s information, you will formulate a differential diagnosis, evaluate treatment options, and create an appropriate treatment plan for the patient.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources. Consider how to assess, diagnose, and treat patients with cardiovascular conditions.
- Access i-Human from this week’s Learning Resources and review this week’s i-Human case study Fred O. MacIntyre V5 PC. Based on the provided patient information, think about the health history you would need to collect from the patient.
- Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. Reflect on how the results would be used to make a diagnosis.
- Identify three to five possible conditions that may be considered in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
- Consider the patient’s diagnosis. Think about clinical guidelines that might support this diagnosis.
- Develop a treatment plan for the patient that includes health promotion and patient education strategies for patients with cardiovascular conditions.
As you interact with this week’s i-Human patient, complete the assigned case study. For guidance on using i-Human, refer to the i-Human Patients Case Player Student Manual in the Week 1 Learning Resources.