|Perform a direct assessment of a community of interest using the “Functional Health Patterns Community Assessment Guide.”|
-The community of interest is Scottsdale, Arizona USA.
Address every bulleted statement in the 2 following sections with data or rationale for deferral.
1.) Value/Belief Pattern
• Predominant ethnic and cultural groups along with beliefs related to health.
• Predominant spiritual beliefs in the community that may influence health.
• Availability of spiritual resources within or near the community (churches/chapels, synagogues, chaplains, Bible studies, sacraments, self-help groups, support groups, etc.).
• Do the community members value health promotion measures? What is the evidence that they do or do not (e.g., involvement in education, fundraising events, etc.)?
• What does the community value? How is this evident?
• On what do the community members spend their money? Are funds adequate?
2.) Health Perception/Management
• Predominant health problems: Compare at least one health problem to a credible statistic (CDC, county, or state).
• Immunization rates (age appropriate).
• Appropriate death rates and causes, if applicable.
• Prevention programs (dental, fire, fitness, safety, etc.): Does the community think these are sufficient?
• Available health professionals, health resources within the community, and usage.
• Common referrals to outside agencies.
How did working women’s lives change during World War II? How did working affect their lives and the way they felt about themselves?
Can people train their brains to only remember positive memories? If so, would this be beneficial or something that could cause problems? Identify research to