As you take the tour, write down your observations, specifically those that align with the following demographics and/or subsystems listed in the left-hand column of the rubric.
- Describe the characteristics of the people you see in Sentinel Town®.
- What are the race/ethnicity distribution, age ranges, and gender mix?
- Are there signs of poverty or wealth? What are they?
- Who do you see on the streets?
- Parent with child, teens, couples, disabled persons?
- Are there homeless persons, beggars, etc.?
- Is there anyone in the city you would not expect to see?
- Are there dogs on or off leash? Are there other animals?
- Are there churches and other formal religious buildings?
- What are their denominations?
Compile your observations addressing each item listed in the first column of the rubric. You are encouraged to add other relevant observations that may not be listed in the first column.
Select a target population of interest and discuss relevant demographic data and health status indicators for this population group. Identify major health concerns for this target population. Include a discussion of major health concerns in relation to a global health issue.