Your Aunt Phyllis has breast cancer. You want to provide her with as much information as you can about the effects of her attitude and social support.
Read the University of Phoenix Material: Week Five Assignment Scenario to learn about Aunt Phyllis.
Write a 1,200- to 1,500-word paper discussing the following:
- Research on the concepts of positivity, hardiness, and optimism as they apply to Phyllis
- Whether she views her situation as a threat or a challenge
- The value of social support in general and as it applies to this case
- How Phyllis might learn to thrive more fully in her current situation, along with evidence-based recommendations for intervention
- What role Phyllis’s attitude plays on her condition, and how hardiness, positivity, and optimism may help her cope with her illness
Include a minimum of four scholarly references.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment